You can visit the United Kingdom as a businessman provided you can satisfy the entry clearance officer that you are a businessman and the purpose of your visit is business related. You have to fulfil the following conditions
- That your business is not in the United Kingdom and you do not intend to transfer or move your business to the United Kingdom, even on a temporary basis.
- While on a business visit to the UK you will not receive any salary or wages from a source within the UK.
- While on a visit you will not involve in selling goods or services directly to members of the public.
Once the above conditions are met, you have to fulfil the following criteria
- You must fulfil all the conditions set out for a general visitor.
- You must prove that you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a business visitor for a limited time period.
- The time period is not for more than 6 months.
- You as a business visitor intend to carry out one or more of the following activities;
- To carry out permissible activity.
- To take part in a location shoot as a member of a film crew.
- To represent overseas news media.
- To act as an academic advisor.
- To be a secondee to the UK company.
- To undertake some preaching or pastoral work as a religious worker provided your base is abroad and you will not take up the post, an office or appointment.
- To act as an advisor, consultant, trainer, internal auditor or troubleshooter to the UK branch of the same group of companies as your overseas
- To receive specific one-off training on techniques and work practice used in the UK.
- To share knowledge, or experience relevant to, or advise on, an international project that is being led from the UK as an overseas scientist or researcher.
- To advise a UK client on litigation and /or international transaction as an employee of an international law firm which has offices in the UK.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this news article, It does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. For further advice and guidance please contact our experienced Immigration lawyers for an initial consultation instantly through any device from anywhere in the world.
Your partner in the legal world!